View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Seems to me a big concern with svx onwerns is that the car isnt woth anything when they finaly do need to part with it. So WHY on earth would they offer half (Or even considerably less than half) to someone who is selling? Dont you realize that YOU are lowering the car's book value by doing such? How much do you want the car anyway?
And of course, the asshat that offers 200$ for a running driving svx is going to be the first to ***** when they get into a parking lot incident and the car is totaled
Now, Ill be the first to admit I picked my cars up cheap as chips. My 96 lsi with 105k cost me 1400$...It needed a transmission (Which is no big deal) and had an R title. I was a bit skeptical about how well it'd drive...But once I did, I realized I STOLE this car. The body is all straight, and mnus some shoddy paintwork on the hood and bumper, its fine. I also picked up my 92 lsl with 168k for 1000...but that, once again, needed work. Transmission, exhaust, driveshaft, rear, and all the mounts for the above were MISSING. Needless to mention it's other minor problems, as they are pretty typical....
Now, the first person that decides 1000 is fair for a running driving car is out of it. I got mine so cheap because they were project cars, destined to go to the crusher, or rot in someones yard. I honestly wouldnt let either car go for less than 3,000...go ahead and tell me I deserve less, I dare you
Lastly...It seems to me the people who say the car is worth XXX amount are the people who ARENT EVEN IN THE MARKET for an svx, and usually have no intention of BUYING (another) one, even if the price is below THEIR suggsted retail. I mean seriously..If you arent buying an svx..and you arent selling an svx, dont even troll that section. It's NOT a used car garage sale (even if the car was garage kept) and if you have no intention of buying the car, it's ****ed up you'd even make an offer
-Eric
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten