View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 12:36 AM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Crap, where's my "Welcome to last week" tag...

Anyway yeah, I bought the game a while back (and have been playing the Japanese versions for a while). Sadly they got the SVX just wrong. The stock SVX simulation is poor because:

1.) The gear ratios are just plain wrong. First doesn't top out at 55 MPH last time I checked. And isn't the final gear ratio 3.54? Game lists it as 3.70.

2.) It doesn't simulate the features of the 4EAT, including power transfer front/rear and it doesn't seem to account for a rear LSD.

Basically, it handles like crap and accelerates like crap. Just really sad.

But that's what happens when you have 180+ cars in a game... you just don't get every detail just right.

In any event, the game is fun once you get used to the physics (KB 1 and 2 shared a physics model, 3 has a new one). I just don't care much for the AWD cars. I stick with an AW11.

By the way, if you get a car and wonder why it handles funny, don't forget to turn the silly computer assist stuff off in your car's settings.