View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Id more likely buy a car that was totalled 4 years ago than one that was in an "accident" the year it was sold. Working at a bodysho for some time, I can tell you that Ive seen (and helped fix) some cars that just shouldnt be on the road anymore. One that specificly comes to mind is an 06 gto we did..the kid hit a pole "at 30" and needed the passengers side frame rail, apron, fender, door, hood, engine cradle, rad support, and everything attached to the aformentioned parts replaced. Needless to say the car was there for a long time...had it been any other body shop in the area, the car would have been totalled and sent on its way (Theres alot of politics behind that actually)

Best advice....Look at the car. Your probly an ametur car looker atter, but this further makes the point. if YOU can tell what was damaged int he accident, it likely wasnt repaired right. Keep in mind paint has no mechanical value...but look for paintwork, and if / when you find it, look at everything behind it. All should be well, and if it isnt, point it out, ask about it, use it to barter, ect.
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten