View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 06:53 AM

Registered SVX
YES, all please WHOA!.....STOP.....THINK

Again the issue is being confused.

No guessing please. Fuse SBF3 is a 45 Amp main distribution fuse, as is SFB5.

SFB3 supplies numerous permanently energised fused sub circuits, including the clock and original audio. N.B. Therefore a common connection between these fuses exists as part of the original wiring.

There could be a leak via the flasher circuit, if there is a leak within the hazard switch. Removing the flasher unit will eliminate or prove this possibility.

One step at a time, otherwise you will lose your way. The clock and original audio supply circuit will be next on the list. There are also additional permanent supply circuits to be considered.

Be sure that I have personally designed and overseen the construction of electrical circuits, immensely more extensive and complicated than what we are dealing with here.

Edit P.S. I have now noted the latest message posted during my typing of this text.

Quote "Ah sorry... I had no idea what SBF3 was, so I assumed Trevor thought they were on the same circuit. Well you know what they say about people who assume things."

Read above, I did not "think". I knew and I never assume, when dealing with things technical.

I have already pointed out that the battery could be faulty. The actual current drain is in doubt, as you were not able to use the milli amp range on your meter. Therefore at this stage this contingency remains pending and subject to further confirming measurements. I do not require instruction regarding Ohms Law. Read again:-

"When you get a new fuse for your meter, chase up again on the door lock and EGI Unit + AT Unit circuits, which appear to be possibly suspect. Isolate the two circuits by removing the fuse for each and again check the currents."

I have covered all angles in detail. Too many cooks are spoiling the broth. I have not the time, patience, or inclination to solve crossword puzzles. I leave you two to it. *<)

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 05-03-2007 at 07:56 AM.