View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 07:01 PM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Ha ha! The very first thing I did was go out to buy alligator clip test leads--I stuck one on the negative battery harness, but used a normal test lead on the negative battery terminal (as the alligator clip was not large enough to grip the negative battery terminal).

But I didn't begin with a high current range--I began with the smallest. Small mistake; live and learn, I guess?

Sadly the meter is not professional--its ranges are 400/40 mA or 4/40 A. Rather poor, I know. However, I shall get some new fuses for it and check those two suspects tomorrow.

Yes, these drains were the only ones. As soon as Clock, Hazard and SBF 5 were removed, drain dropped to 0 on a 40 mA range.

You say these are normal... but the hazard fuse has me wondering. I notice a power drain while driving the car as soon as I turn on the turn signals...

Thank you for your help so far. I will get back to you tomorrow morning on the results of the second fuse test. Unfortunately the car doesn't discharge overnight--it discharged over a month (though I had not used the car during that month, so it could've been discharged sooner), and then lost current over a week (the week my car was in the shop getting exhaust work done).