Thread: Red 92 for sale
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 05:37 PM

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for your warm welcome to the site!
At last I have found someone in Australia who knows about the mighty SVX!! The dealers I have been to in the past week or so in Sydney, including Subaru dealerships, know next to nothing! Not that they didn't want to help me, but I just got a lot of "I know nothing about these cars." I saw the green 95 SVX on the net yesterday actually. Admittedly, I like the two tone 92-94 versions better aesthetically, but if the 95 has advantages mechanically and safety-wise (ie dual airbags), then perhaps I need to consider this. I read on the net somewhere that Subaru took out the original transmission filters and replaced them with an external filter at some point - would the MY95 still have the transmission filter, or an external one? Are the 95 transmissions more reliable than the 92 versions? Were any changes made to the rotors or wheel bearings during this time?
There's a nice red mica 92 SVX at Sylvania at present starting at $8550 on ebay (finishes today). I haven't driven it, but is in very nice condition with no modifications. 153000kms.
How often do you have SVX meets in Sydney?
Thanks again,
Grant