View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Headed to Texas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
the only problem is... Parting out an SVX will net someone more money than selling it... So people on ebay will buy SVXi for dirt cheap that need things like transmissions or a bit of body work and part it out to make money. Many people are living off of this which I find truely disturbing. BUT this means that these cars will never see the road again. I believe it is safe to say that 1 SVX hits the chopping block every other week. So go ahead guys... buy your parts from these guys and support the destruction of many more easily repairable cars. Also, with people smashing them up into trees, explorers, guard rails, the ground(on the roof), WWII monuments, and various other hard objects. This detruction of SVXi also is a main contributor to the lacking #'s. I will stand behind the 7k # because of these above listed activities

Tom
I would agree and be even be more pessimistic on the numbers. With the 92s hitting 16 years old, the attrition rate is going to begin growing much faster. Most are seeing their second and third owners, most of who don't have the financial resources their original owners had to keep the cars well-maintained. Just as a matter of observation, 5 years ago seeing an SVX on the road wasn't all that rare a sight - now it's very rare.

jnj7707@yahoo.com