View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 10:56 AM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
I totally agree with many of the above comments, its not at all good for a brand name automaker(here Subaru) to replicate models from other companies. If they want to compete with the rest, they should invest more on R&D and come up with more innovative designs/ideas. As far as investment goes, Subaru is doing comparatively good on sales in recent years, so they should atleast increase their R&D budget and get some innovative designers rather than some who can successfully copy and at the end not able to atleast modify those copies so that they are not easily recognizable as other cars. If Subaru can't do that, there is no shame to go for speciality designers like Pininifarina, Giugiaro etc.

Anyway it seems like if someone wants to buy Subaru in future, better buy now (pre 2008) models and keep them garaged and use it later. Subaru may come up with even more ugly designs in future. For now the only models which can be appreciated are Forester and Legacy (Baja is one of its kind even though it doesn't have much following, it appeals right, which we unfortunately can't see them anymore), Outback is OK for now, but it is also on the verge of spoiled designing as it has got that mainstream front end for 2008 like B9 does. But I bet Subaru can't come up with a true, realistic, appealing and a very different car like SVX if they go down this way. Glad I had my SVX.

-Pavan