View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 06:17 AM

ummmmmm

i can accept the idea of the battery as a current sink...but since the alternator is internally regulated, i dont see how disconnecting the battery while running can harm anything..........?

its like unscrewing a lightbulb while the switch is thrown....the light goes out (broken circuit) but nothing else happens.....the current simply stops at the socket.......

silly me.........
i just read what i wrote..........of COURSE the car will die if the circuit is broken....the computer is no-longer receiving its energy to operate from the battery!!

i'll have to check the rear wiper.i may have used it when i last drove the car.....

as for the seatbelt..when i swapped out the drivers belt for a "normal" one, perhaps simply un-plugging the harness isnt enough?
perhaps it needs a jumper to complete a circuit?

rob"still too cold to go outside and investigate"m.

ps..........1 UK p/s = 2.27$ cdn approx

3 pints here is about 4.50$ cdn so that means you pay about 30p per pint?!?!?

wowee!! im movin to the UK !!

so what IS the price of a pint in the UK right now?

i have 2 multimeters.one "good" one i paid about 30$ for yrs ago.......and a more recent chinese one that cost about 10$......so far they have given equal readings in any side-by-side comparisons i've done...so at least i can be reasonably confident in their accuracy(good or bad!

sorry for the lack of any real research to further my investigation.....as i said, i dont need the car right now, and its too cold to go out and work on...

rob

92 ebony 4.44's rock !!