View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Dont Drink and Drift

My Thunderbird SC was built in Canada, but i wont complain. Better than owning a Dodge truck built by mexcans not to be racist but you know the drill. More foreign makers assemble their cars here than half the US makers. And athough the money goes overseas it provides ALOT of jobs unlike American automakers who are laying off like crazy.

Anyway back on subject. Holden is a good company but just because they share ownership with GM doesnt mean they use alot of the same parts. GM doesnt have a 4.5L v8 here just like the Falcons 302 and inline 6 arent used here either. Id love to see the Falcon here with the turbocharged I-6, that'd be awesome. And just let me reitterate that I dislike Chrysler but using the B E-class platform for the Charger, Magnum, and 300C was genius. Just wish they all came with that stellar 6.1L AND if it were a true Hemispherical head design. But as far as parts sharing.... America needs to do something on its fit and finish. If the doors closed like my BMW or if the seats were as comfortable as the new Legacy GT then people would buy more American cars.

And the key is what was itterated below, its not what the car looks like, its how it performs and its reliability. American cars have some of the WORST customer satisfaction ratings AND worst Reliability ratings in the world. No wonder we drive Subaru's and BMW's... The best thing Subaru ever did for its reliability was trash that 4EAT