View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 05:27 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav
p.s. Does anyone have a question as to what I think of GM products? Don't get me wrong, I've worked on almost all makes, they all have their problems. And they all, some more than others, have their attributes. But to me, buying a GM is kin to buying a goose turd packaged in a Snickers wrapper. It looks dang good on the outside, it's what's inside that will...

And, no, I don't work where I do because I think they have the best product. Quite the opposite. Isn't it better to work something that is in constant need of repair?
Beav,

I presume that you have never owned a Holden. I have owned several as hacks and they were bullet proof.

I last owned a 4.5 Ltr V8 Station wagon with outback suspension which was a delight to drive. Sure it was crudely put together, rusted as all cars of that era did, but it was reliable and did what it was designed for and a lot more besides.

I bashed it round a racing circuit for the hell of it, in a club event and it was vice free and lots of fun. On the road the handling was great. Moreover it was cheap and very, very cost affective.

Cheers, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!