View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannarace928
I have driven in the snow and ice a lot with a few different subaru's and the only thing I can say is, tires mean a whole lot!
My 95 legacy was amazing in the snow, it would go through anything. When I lived in NY along the road we used to live, the plows would push the snow up behind my car, it usually went all the way up to the window in the back, on a few occasions when I was running late for work and didnt have time to uncover my car, I would drive forward an inch and slam on the gas in reverse and it would go right through it. I had driven that car in snow up to its bumpers without problem. It could go through anything.
I dont feel quite as confident in the SVX's AWD, it doesnt feel as stable. I have bought a new set of tires for it though and it does feel better, its not sliding around as much, but I dont have the confidence in the car that I had with my legacy.
AMEN! You and many others.

I remember once having to have my buddy, in his legacy, clear the way for me so I could get out in my SVX. His legacy was up to it's bumper in snow, pushing it out of the way. No way in hell an SVX could do that. There was about 2 feet of snow on the ground. I'd have gotten about 4 inches at best before getting stuck.

Last edited by DavieGravy; 01-31-2007 at 10:14 AM.