View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 09:23 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Read It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
Well,, it seems the real press killed this angle as fast as Fox News tried to make it one.

Nightline

Sorry Foxer's. It doesn't work anymore. Go back to the Swiftboat Veterans, and have them think of something else.
I think this comment deserves an excerpt quote from your link that I doubt most people will read beyond the first page.

"Then there is also the question of who is behind the smear. Originally, when Fox's John Gibson discussed the Madrassa story, he did so by suggesting — as Insight magazine does — that the Hillary Clinton people were behind it.

Howard Wolfson, a spokesman for the Clinton campaign, vehemently denied that the campaign played any role in the smear, to which Jeffrey Kuhner, editor of Insight Magazine told ABC News that his message to the Clinton campaign is: "Sue us."

"If he's so confident that this is a National Enquirer-style made up story," the editor said, "He and Hillary should sue the pants off us, because if they're right they could make millions and millions of dollars. But then we'll depose the investigators who have been conducting the investigation into Obama's background and they know it. This story is multi-sourced … I have never been more sure of a story in my life."

"There are so many enemies for every candidate and they all have access to the media," Sabato said. "It could have been the Republicans. It could have been one of many different people trying to kill off the Obama candidacy. So it's like a murder mystery — there are tons of suspects."

In a statement to ABC News, Bill Shine, Senior Vice President of Programming for FOX News acknowledged that "the hosts of 'Fox & Friends' gave too much credence to the Insight magazine report and spent far too long discussing its premise on the air. Those remarks, however, were clarified on the next 'Fox & Friends' program. Furthermore, when John Gibson focused on the item, he, like other news outlets, presented Senator Obama's statement on the subject. We consider the matter closed and believe the senator feels the same way."

So, don't blame it just on FOX.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE