View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 10:33 PM
One teal and One yellow

happened to me

Isn't it this feature cool? Is that happened also when your GF's driving the car or the engine is running? Did you lately have any jump start or change any new battery?

My teal one has always pretty nice to me. I believe the security system is very normal on that. However on the yellow one, I think it's a bit weird sometimes. It happened to me a few times not everytime not as cool as yours GF's hehe, after I left the car, it locked by itself. (same cool feature as your GF's one- I told some people(svxers) they don't believe ) I couldn't really verify if I locked my door okay! But, that's one time, when I left everything, my keys(car key, house key) and my wallet and cellphone inside and walked away for few minutes, it locked by itself that was for sure I didn't press the keyless button. I ended up borrowing a cloth hanger from my friend to unlock my door.... not bad - first timer did it in 10mins. So I always try to remember don't leave the key in that car.

There's another time when I was driving to NYC by my yellow one....on the way, I unlocked the door and locked the door by hand when I was driving...it turned out my alarm kept honking and honking - my car sounded like crazy. I had to pull over and turned off the engine and started again to keep on my journey.

There's another time (last time) after I jump-started my yellow one. The door refused to lock no matter I used key or remote control - it wouldn't lock. yes, both side! I thought both of my power actuators went bad and how was I going to lock my car that day? And then, suddenly I got an idea and I pulled the door lock fuse to check and make sure it didn't burn and put it back. I heard some clicking noise - it seemed the system reset by itself - and, yahoooo, I could immediately lock my doors after that - that was a free repair haha nice! Since then, I don't have any problem so far.

So if I were you, I don't know...I might find a way to reset your GF SVX's security system or you can keep this cool feature. Let us know your upate later.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05