View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 05:37 AM
Mr Soob

Generally the 40 Channel UHF sets give us more flexibility. I suspect I won't be able to get my hands on one before the meet, but the important thing is that the person up the front and the person who is "Tail End Charlie" have one each; everyone else is gravy. But it's very handy to have one.

Tony:
Engadine Maccas is about 10 mins away from the park entrance, and it is essentially the corner of Heathcote Road and the Princes Highway. You can't miss it.
If everyone is happy to meet there, we'll do that.

Approaches to Engadine Maccas

1)
Coming south from Wollongong area.
Time To Target from Bulli: 30 minutes
Description: As you travel up the Princes Hwy, you will go through an 80km/h zone in Waterfall, then back to 100km/h after Waterfall. Then, you will enter a 70km/h speed zone a short while north of that. This signals the beginning of Heathcote (the southern edge of the Sydney Urban Sprawl). There are a couple of sets of lights here, but the first large set of lights you will come to is well signposted, and will indicate a major arterial road called Heathcote Road going West (left).
The Maccas is on the right hand side, across the intersection from you next to a BP Service Station.

2)
Eastbound on the M5:
Time To Target from Moorebank: 15 minutes.
Description: The easiest exit to take is the Heathcote Road exit. Follow the signs to Heathcote (heading away from Moorebank/Liverpool). Be careful when heading on the downhill stretches, there are numerous trucks that take up a little too much room and go quite slow, and the long flattish areas seem to be home to Mr Policeman more often than not. At the end of Heathcote road, you will see the Maccas across the intersection from you.

3)
Eastbound on the M4:
Time To Target from Light Horse Interchange: Unmeasured, projected at 40 minutes.
Description: Suggestion here is to turn south on the Light Horse Interchange and use the M7 Tollway if you are able. It will significantly shorten your journey and leave you a lot more relaxed. You could turn south at Penrith and head down the Northern Road to Bringelly, up Bringelly road to Liverpool area and onto the Camden Valley Way to get to the bottom of the M5. Either way, see instructions above regarding the M5.

4)
Southbound from Sydney/Sydney Airport/Southern Cross Drive:
Time To Target from Sydney Airport: Approximately 25-35 minutes depending on traffic and potential diversions.
Description: Head down Southern Cross Drive, and underneath the Runway Tunnel. Keep to the right hand side under the tunnel, and you will find yourself on General Holmes Drive at Brighton Le Sands. Follow GH Drv, and it will have a sharp right hand corner, followed by a set of lights about 1.5 km after that. You will only have the option of turning left onto Rocky Point Road. Once on Rocky Point Road, follow it to the end, which is a major intersection (at Caringbah) with President Avenue, and turn right (towards Miranda or Sutherland). Follow President avenue until it meets the Princes Hwy, and turn left onto it. After about 3 km you will see the road forms a Y intersection, and you veer left here (signs will point to Wollongong). Follow the Princes Hwy through first Loftus, and Engadine. The Maccas is on your left (just after a BP service station).

NOTES:
It was a BP last time I saw it. That is all I have to say on that matter. I would seriously suggest filling up at this service station before stopping in the Maccas. If it's on the 'wrong' side of the road to you, you will have to head northbound up the Princes Hwy and turn left onto Woronora road and throw a U-turn somewhere to be on the correct side. There is (I believe) one more servo on the northbound side as we head to the Park, but I can't be sure, so make sure you're topped up here.
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178