View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
There's no point in having them check the trouble codes; you can do that yourself. What they can do though is look at the signals your ecu is getting from your sensors. Say your temperature sensor is bad and giving the wrong voltage it will show the wrong voltage on the select monitor and if they are good mechanics they will see that the voltage is wrong for the temperature it is.

Have you changed your plugs? I've heard of a few instances now where people have had stalling problems and it turned out to be they were driving on bad plugs.

Did you replace the right temperature sensor which gives the ecu its signal or did you replace the one that gives the temp guage its signal?

Do you have another maf to try? Have you checked that you don't have any hoses popped off or clamps not tightened down? It's easy to get the snorkel on the throttle body wrong and not even notice you have a huge airleak on the bottom.

That's all i can think of right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda3000
Well I swapped the sensor (the vertical and centered one--the RHS of the two under the alternator) and it still does it . The one in my car was grimey and dented a bit. The one I put in looked better.

Today the engine was cold and I gave it a little rev after I started it (less than 4000 rpm) and when I put it in gear it promptly died. The engine wouldn't start again until much later today, when I had to turn the key for almost a minute. Good thing my battery was up to the challenge.

As of right now it's not giving any engine codes. Do I really have to take it to a dealership and pay $100 for them to tell me they don't know what's wrong with it?