View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 09:02 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxthc
It was an 85,000$ 2006 Carerra S 911 black on black loaded with sunroof and navigation. The thing felt like it was a moving block of iron and I did not really get a chance to push it since you practically need a track to unleash one of those... The STi on the other hand is just a jack of all trades that can hall ass. Period I thought that driving the STi was so much more fun than the porsche 3 times its price. The thing was just like a go cart in comparison to a greyhound bus which was the 911..granted it was fast. I want the STi so bad- I can get a used 2004 with 50k miles for 18k and I can probably get 7k for my svx...and I'm 17 years old...haha The STi is the best car I've driven- including a new e500 benz. Any ideas? Work for 10k to buy the sti?
Hahahha, you're 17 years old and you want an STi... Well, join the crowd of other high schoolers that want a $30,000+ car that they probably shouldn't have... Even if you could find a used STi (which isn't always a bad thing) the insurance would be so bad you would have to work two jobs just to pay for the insurance and car payments and fuel!!! Believe me, I have worked the math a ton of times because I wanted a new Legacy Spec. B. But unless you want to be in debt for the next ??? years and have something that will eventually stop working anyway, just keep your cheap transportation and save your money till you have a good job and enough to put a substantial down payment (1/2 to 2/3 the price of the car)... Then pay it off as quickly as possible!! That's what I did when I bought my SVX... Got a 3 year loan from the bank and paid it off in 11 months... Sure saved alot of money by doing so too...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...