View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 10:16 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasions
This car was My Classic Car dot coms 'Featured Car of the Month' in June or July of 2002 or 2003. That was a long time ago. <<sigh>>
Kermit now has 188xxx miles and has only once stranded us, and only for a very short time (rear transmission seal replaced in Steamboat Springs, CO).

The original transmission shifts flawlessly. The power steering doesn't leak, and never has. It's a spirited performer - always has been.

The road has taken some small tolls, though. It's got a worn through spot at the left hip on the drivers seat. The rest of the interior could be classified as 'hardly used' (not 'used hardly'). The original radio's gone - replaced with a Sony AM/FM cassette, and a 10 CD changer in the trunk. The paint on the hood is pretty much see-through, but no rust. It'll leave a drop or two of oil on the driveway, but doesn't burn any. It has the typical poke-it-til-it-comes-on cruise control switch. The front axles have been replaced once, not so long ago, and the rear bearings were replaced a little earlier than that. Neither make any noise or show any signs of wear today. The bushings are dry enough to make a little (very little) shake in a hard right turn. The tires appear to still be within the first half of life, with no unusual wear patterns detectable. It'll come with reams and reams of maintenance paperwork.

Yesterday, we purchased an '02 Ootbek MrBean with 47 grand on it, which will serve as a better (though nowhere near as fun) commuter/carpooler.

Make an offer. Bluebook sez $3400, but we'll take a little less from an enthusiast.

Steve & Sharon Wasion
Southern Illinois on the Wabash
Steve

I've only just seen this [you "bumped" it ], and I am sorry to see you parting with your car.

You've been a long time companion on here, no pun intended with the phrase.

I hope you get a good price and Kermit goes to a caring home.

Like the others say above, don't be a stranger, stay in touch here.

Joe

[I had a Legacy TT Estate, I still miss it. Well, except for the fuel consumption ]
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl