Thread: 2007 Calendar
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets
I mean no offense to Bill or anybody else, but please oh please don't include any pictures with Photoshop filters applied. Please. It burns.
Paul,

Having held to my 24 hour rule, let me respond to your comment....

1. Saying "no offense" and then "It burns" just serves to insult one's intelligence as "It burns" is inherently offensive. If you don't like the picture, just say so. I've worked with NASA and U.S. Navy scientists, engineers, and managers on a daily basis for over 26 years, so I've got a fairly thick skin

2. Based on your comment, I can only guess that you're a Photoshop "guru" and respond to "non-professionals'" use of Photoshop much the same way professional publishers reacted when the Mac-Laserwriter combination opened up desktop publishing to the masses. Having worked with hard-core Photoshop and Illustrator users (i.e. graphic artists) for years, I assure you I know exactly what can be done with them

3. The picture I posted uses only the Photoshop (CS2) drybrush filter and I'm guessing you can probably post as to exactly how I tweaked the "brush size", "brush detail" and "texture" aspects of the filter. I submitted this picture - as "filtered" - because I like it and several other Network members commented on how much they liked it (in constrast to your stated opinion)

Finally,

4. Whatever rules David decides he wants to apply to the calendar are fine by me (i.e. I can easily provide the picture "unfiltered" ). The final decision as to what pictures are included should be left to a vote of Network members

'nuff said.

-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker