View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
From your previous explanations the switch is wired up as per my amended diagram right? However it sounds as if it should be wired up as per the original diagram right? (with the resistor between the two top contacts).
That is the only way to get what you describe above:
"I can find absolutely NO WAY of hooking up this kit and getting what I should get which is 0 OHMs WITH vacuum and 670 OHMs WITHOUT vacuum, Which is my understanding of how it should work."
In this case the wiring of the original diagram is correct - if this is how the switch is supposed to operate of course. IF this is the case then that switch has got the resistor in the wrong place.

Matt
I think you may be right about the resistor being in the wrong place. The shift kit would seem to not being working again as I again have no 3rd gear engine braking and it's shifting hard into second. I'll check the connections on it tomorrow, But I'm thinking it's being caused by the TCU going into a fault mode when I get on the throttle and activate the shift kit due to it going to an open circuit when the switch has no vacuum. I think the resistor needs to be between the broken terminal and the (COM) terminal. I'll play around with it tomorrow and if I can't get it to do what I need it to, I guess I'll try sending it to smallcar and have them fix me up. Thanks for all the help guys.

Last edited by Budfreak; 10-12-2006 at 06:57 PM.