View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 04:28 PM

Registered SVX
Thanks for the offers Chuck, I'll definitely take you up on that when I can.

A couple of people in the rally scene in Australia are starting to get some successs from the Megasquirt ECU's. They are cheap, easy to tune, and fairly easy to make, and given that they've been tested in the rallying environment (very harsh), and work great, I'm pretty comfortable with them.

I've previously had Motec's, Link's, Microtech's and Megasquirts etc...and the Motec has stood out by far, but feature for feature (of what I need), the Megasquirt has the resolution and tuning options that will suit me.

I've got the Megasquirt sitting in a box. It's just waiting to be made. At this stage, I'm tossing up using the SVX loom and connectors and making the Megasquirt a plug-in, or going for a completely new loom. I suspect what ever I do, it will be a hybrid.

I finished the painting of the cage last night...re-hung the passenger side door, re-fitted some of the seals and put the boot (trunk to you) lid back on. From the back left, it almost looks like a car again!

Tonight is tackling the wiring loom for the rear of the car, stripping out unneccessary wires as I go.

Then this weekend I hope to fit the dash back in with all the associated front wiring loom too.

I'll be busy busy.

M