View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 03:50 AM
A flight-less flyer

Send a message via Yahoo to floatingkiwi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budfreak
Well, All I know is that it works the way I have it now, And doesn't work when supposedly hooked up as per the directions. When I hook it up per the directions I have 670 OHMs with NO vacuum and I have an infinite Reading(open circuit) WITH vacuum and no 3rd gear engine braking.
The way I currently have it hooked up Gives me 0 OHMs WITH vacuum and an infinite reading(open circuit) WITHOUT vacuum which works for me right now because at least I have 3rd gear engine braking.

I can find absolutely NO WAY of hooking up this kit and getting what I should get which is 0 OHMs WITH vacuum and 670 OHMs WITHOUT vacuum, Which is my understanding of how it should work.

NOTE: This testing is being done with the shift kit out of the car and unhooked.
From your previous explanations the switch is wired up as per my amended diagram right? However it sounds as if it should be wired up as per the original diagram right? (with the resistor between the two top contacts).
That is the only way to get what you describe above:
"I can find absolutely NO WAY of hooking up this kit and getting what I should get which is 0 OHMs WITH vacuum and 670 OHMs WITHOUT vacuum, Which is my understanding of how it should work."
In this case the wiring of the original diagram is correct - if this is how the switch is supposed to operate of course. IF this is the case then that switch has got the resistor in the wrong place.

Matt

Just Crusin'