View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 10:32 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Send a message via AIM to gest24
Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname
I think you mean IAC valve (idle air control valve) which I doubt is broken. This is just a guess but I am guessing tom bypassed the cold air bypass valve and put your little ballcock device in the middle of a hose going from the outlet on the snorkus and the inlet on the throttle body. It sounds like you just made that a straight hose going from the snorkus to the throttle body. That will give you way too much air at idle. The hose from the snorkus should go to the cold air bypass valve and then a hose from the cold air bypass valve should go to the throttle body. The cold air bypass valve is underneath the manifold on the driver's side.
Gotcha, makes sense... I didn't pay attention when we took the hoses off. But other than that, the new software is awesome!
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

Sand Diego SCCA Solo 2 #308

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX
88 XT6(regret the day I left her behind)

socaleuro.com They like the flat 6...

Check My New Homepage..