View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 11:33 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

As one who grew up with older stored cars and stores his SVX 90% of the time you should never put it on blocks. 1. Can't get it out if you'd need to in a hurry (i.e. fire, etc) 2. Its actually gonna cost ya more in wear to the suspension which is meant to be loaded. Best bet would be to get some doughnuts or spare rims and wheels to keep everything nice. I also coat the rotors lightly with some w-d 40 so they don't rust and cause issues with the abs sensors when you do bring it out. Make sure you clean the undercarrige and let it dry for a day or so before covering. Also, if there is any chance mice might hang out in there stuff your tailpipe and intake with steel wool.

I doubt I'd change it with sythetic fluid at this point. Just put some new oil in it and then add some new oil when you pull it out. Fill up that gas tank and add some stabalizer and drive a good 20 minutes to get it up into the injectors so they don't gum up.