View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 09:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Bush HAS NOT STOPPED stem cell research. He has simply precluded spending federal dollars----OUR TAX MONEY, for it. Private institutions, medical companies, pharmaceutical companies, etc, etc, etc can do all the research they want. There is no law against that. Just get the record straight.

Lee
What better idea can there be for spending tax payers money that advancing medical science by finding new cures to help save peoples lives? Why would we choose a clump of cells that would be thrown away anyway over a the millions of lives it could save? The embryos that would be used are those that parents have frozen and no longer need b/c they have reached the number of children they want, what better way for them to 'dispose' of the unneed embryos than to give them a chance to save a living breathing human being's life? It doesnt hurt the embryos, they have no pain receptors nor any idea they are alive or dead as they have no brain. I for one would rather see my eggs put to good use than just thrown away or sold to mothers who cant use her own (yes, when a woman DONATES eggs or embryos to a clinic they are SOLD to the infertile couple.) I fail to see a down side to federal funding for stem cell research.