View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 11:08 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Maybe You Are Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaSteevo
Several of you are saying that this was provoked because of the capture of the 2 Israelis. While you are justifying their actions, you fail to see the overall picture. They captured TWO soldiers, and now Israel has killed 141 (at last I saw), mostly innocents and children.

I guess what I'm pretty much trying to say is...WAR IS STUPID...
Maybe you are the one that is ill informed, naive or simply blind to the real situation. NO---it was not [B]ONLY [B]the capture of 2 Israeli soldiers that started the IDF retaliation. For openers it was a cross border attack killing 8 and capturing the 2. This is AFTER years of repeated rockets launched into Israeli settlements frequently killing women and children AND not to mention periodic suicide attacks killing innocents. Additional, a very open and continuous THREAT by the Hamas and Hezballoh to "WIPE ISRAEL OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH".

If your family was under constant threat and members had been injured and maybe even killed in your own yard----wouldn't you retaliate if there was a serious attack on your family in your own home. And don't tell me you would let the law handle it because the law does not apply in this case.

I will definitely agree that war is stupid in this case----HAMAS AND HEZBALLOH WERE STUPID TO START IT.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by lhopp77; 07-17-2006 at 01:47 PM.