View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 04:49 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by nysvx10
Well I tried this stuff, and it did not work. I think the problem has possibly gotten worse. I get a pretty big shudder that comes from directly under the center console when accelerating and turning under 5 MPH. After that speed, all is well. Tranny was completely rebuilt about 25,000 miles ago. What could be some causes/fixes for this shudder? Should I try another 2 ounces of the "Instant Shudder Fix"?
I just put that same stuff in my car yesterday with the engine warm....It says you add 1 ounce per quart of replaced ATF fluid when you drain and add..So if you drained 5 quarts of fluid, you need to add 5 ounces of additive when you re-add 5 quarts of fluid. The bottle I bought was 10 ounces...I added 5 yesterday. Now I've only driven it for 1.5 days and I don't notice the shudder as I turn at slow speeds....This tells me that the clutch packs needed a little lube.... But I also realize from what I've heard from the guru's on this site that this may only be temporarily fixing the problem...At least this tells me where the problem lies.

Tom, thanks for the tip to check if the solenoid is going funky. If I do experience any more shudder/vibration, I'll try that trick...I just hope I can do it quickly as I'm going slow in a turn...lol