View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
...Guess I'll have to think about the STi Ra Gearset if I want to do that...
I have the STi non RA gearset in my MT and the rev range is good for around town driving. Especially good is the 5-3 downshift for passing at highway speeds. I'm not sure if 3rd is different from regular WRX trans or not...I think it is.

I'm planning to do the MAF bypass mod to see if that helps out at all. I'll let you know my results. I was also perusing through the thread about using dual runner intake with a single MAF and some sort of signal multiplier coming off the MAF. Sounds interesting. I'm curious as to how the ECU would handle voltages higher than the max MAF voltage. Can it handle that at all without Stage 2 programming?

I'd like to buy stage 2, but it's just so expensive. We'll see. I can get a Z32 MAF for a good price, so I may have to do it.

By the way, Earthworm, I'm jealous that yours pulls strong to 6500 One day...yes...one day mine will also pull strong to redline.

Anybody else...how's the 6000 RPM + range feel?
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me