View Single Post
Old 05-09-2002, 04:09 PM
gcookaustin

Quote:
Originally posted by BoominSVX
Since day one I have gone to the Exxon down the street and gotten 94 only. If I only have 3 bucks, it will get me where I need to go, and then I just don't drive my car. I know the manual says 91, but I am never going to let up on that car. I will not smoke in it and I will not put 91 in. At the SVX meet in Webster, MA on saturday, the master tech came out and answered a few questions such as this one. He told us the story of a 91 only car which was always filled with 87 or 89. One day, the car just started loosing power and couldn't even make it up a shallow hill. The tech went to see it, and noticed that the car would start and then die when it warmed up. When it was all said and done, it turned out that the cheap gas had made so much carbon, that the valves couldn't close (thus loosing compression). They didn't take it apart, they just ran a carbon cleaner through it, and she was soon back to normal. I will never use cheap gas. Maybe I have just been brainwashed, but when he said it, everything seemed to make enough sense to convince me. What's your opinions on this?
Well, maybe the amount of money you would save putting 87 gas in would by you a few thousand bottles of carbon cleaner over the life of the car