Thread: The war in Iraq
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 07:44 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

Well, as cold and as blunt as it sounds, it wasn't our concern anyone was being buried under highways in Iraq. We keep playing the world's 24hr on call SWAT team, and we have to foot the bill. Except Kuwait, which was different on the calling, and the world chipped in. Back when we were "intelligent", Bush Sr. knew how to use a telephone.

To get even colder, we sold him the weapons to pull off those evil acts. Back in our "intelligent' days, it was the U.S.'s way of achieving balance in the area, and keeping our true enemy, Iran in check. Everyone seems to forget Iran has had weekly Anti-US marches every Friday since the 80"s. We needed Iraq as it was. A lot of us started rolling our eyes at the idiocy from day one just over that fact.

To state the obvious, Iran is no longer in check.... But they did send us a letter!

We can't let Saddam back in now. We are way past that. His power base has been destroyed. It would also be awkward..... Using our troops to hold things in check while he rebuilds. And to top it all off, I think he's a little upset with the U.S. I believed the damage done to the relationship after Kuwait could have been repaired. I'm sure Saddam even knew his move was dumb. But there isn't any repairing anything after killing off his sons in a cowboy style shootout. We may be saying things like "Oh Yeah! We did do that, didn't we?" On his side, He's sure to be dwelling on that small point daily.

So Saddam is too dangerous now of doing all the things we accused him of to justify Cheney's company making a few Billion bucks. He would develop all those WMD's just to spite us, and he "would" use them at the first opportunity in anyway to hurt our country. IF... he could ever succeed of rebuilding his power base to take over the country.

As for the oil, we don't have it now, and we won't have it 5 years from now. The Shiites, as a rule, do not trust the evil satanic empire, and they have majority control. The Sunni's feel betrayed by our actions, and usually blow someone up daily to remind us of that betrayal. The Kurds don't have the powerbase in the government to make any real decisions. I would give it 3 years after we leave that the government will model itself after Iran. The Shiites will take over the country entirely through peaceful means... They have the huge majority, and the "Democracy" will be dissolved with the consent of the people.

All of this is nothing new of course. It was pure logic from the beginning.

No,,,, we are hosed on every front at this point. We are stuck there, we can't leave, and when we do..... We lose control. And when that happens, it will be way worse without the UN inspections and controls. The Shiites will go next door to their neighbors and pick back up on the technology.

This is Bush's failed businessman Legacy, he worked hard to develop it, and we must endure it for the generations to come.

Is he in jail yet?

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)