View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Better Than That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
Lee, I somehow missed this statement the first time I read it.

This statement deserves a reply, and the reply was eloquently stated by Stephen Colbert during the President's Correspondents dinner.

Quote: "Both sides: The president's side, and the Vice President's side."
That makes for a funny liberal line, but you know it is not even close to the truth. Some of the most far left liberals are invited to provide there side at the same time as the conservative. Hillary has a standing invitation to present her side on any issue she desires as do most far left liberals. Most will not dare show up.

On the other networks there is rarely ANY effort at balanced reporting. You are extremely naive too if you think that a news story is simply a news story and is reported purely as "news" with no editorializing. Like I have said before, I have seen the liberal press at work in Vietnam where they would question 7 or 8 different soldiers until they found the one that was saying what they wanted to report. This should have been reported as 1 out of 8 soldiers have this opinion, but was in fact reported as the only opinion of soldiers in the field. Was it news about the one soldiers ideas---yes---was it slanted reporting. You bet your a-- it was slanted reporting and that is what happened most frequently prior to Fox.

That is why the Liberals are so set against Fox---fair reporting is being done for the first time in many many years.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by lhopp77; 05-25-2006 at 07:31 PM.