View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 07:18 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
Then I'm going to be stuck out here ticked off at both parties, with no place to hang my hat.
Welcome to my world. Pull up a stool, the first beer's on me.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=420454
Quote:
"Washington - In an unusual joint appearance, foreign ministers from eight Latin American countries waded gingerly into the U.S. immigration debate Tuesday, urging Congress to pass "comprehensive" immigration reforms that provide for guest workers and a way for illegal immigrants to become legal residents."
Hmmm. You gotta wonder when their own countries don't want them back.

Then we have this crackpot:
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=420056
Quote:
"Women with strollers. Men with their children riding on their shoulders. Older people. Young people carrying posters of the Virgin Mary. Many were likely illegal immigrants, but all were marching with the message that those who work here for dollars doing work others won't and making our economy stronger are due a modicum of respect."
Um, due? Since when is draining our public resources and cheating the IRS out of its fair (I use that term VERY loosely) share making our economy stronger?

They pay sales tax on what they buy. Big whoop, they don't contribute to the tax base, yet they have their kids treated at our public funded clinics, send their kids to public funded schools, use public funded roads and parks, and then have the gall to demand that they get a voice in our government?

And since when can you just drop off a kid at a public school without having to show any form of citizenship like a SSN or a birth certificate?

I am all for letting immigrants stay become citizens, but if they want to live here, they live under our rules. You register at INS, get fingerprinted and photographed. You get issued an ID card. You pay taxes from the day you get here. You work towards citizenship. If you do not become a citizen within 10 years, you are expelled. No refund of taxes, no nothing. If you get your citizenship, your social security benefit calculations include your contributions from the time you register at INS.

If you do not like those rules, go sneak into some other country and see how well you do there.
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker