View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

So my wife is coming around to Subaru...

She 'liked' my SVX but has recently been really impressed with the layout and design of my new WRX. She's seriously thinking about trading in her current '02 Lancer ES for - get this - a used Subaru Baja!

I wanted to see if anyone on here has owned one and can give me insight into common issues with these cars. We haven't gone to a dealer to look at one yet, and also had a few other questions:

-Do these *trucks* seat just 4 people? It looks like the cupholder in the rear is fixed.
-What kinda gas mileage have you seen once the engine is broken-in?
-With the optional bed extender, how useful is the truck bed/cargo area?

I'll be able to handle any minor/moderate maintenance issues that arise, and if anything major goes down, I'll take it to Svxfiles shop for work.

Here's a few pics of one we're considering at our local Carmax - an '03 with 50K miles:

-Chike

P.S. She doesn't want the turbo - she would like to have one car in the family that doesn't require premium fuel. She's also not interested in a Legacy GT wagon, Impreza wagon or Forester.

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)