View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 08:25 PM

I am pretty sure its not the tps. I just dont want to fork out the 200 dollars as I am cheap cheap cheap, and not to mention poor. I actually saw a member of the xt6 site I goto do a write up on cleaning the tps(rather then shelling out about 200 dollars). The XT6 tps while different in design slightly is almost the same to tear apart. And I figured that since I had two and both of them caused me the same prob I my as well experiment. So just to be sure that the inside was good I took one apart and cleaned it with electrical parts cleaner and a good eraser. I tried that one out to no avail the same problem. Then I switched the TCU again with the same results. The power mode seems to come on all the time, and then will stop for a day or two or maybe just an hour. The fact that it came on while stopped once was what leads me to believe the wire(especially since the TCU's werent bad). I am leaning towards bad ground or bad wire to and from the tps-tcu. I think that I am almost there. I dont want to waste more money swapping. When I can try a few things first. I will post back after I have reground the TCU. I believe the ground wires are B68 #10 Black wire, and B66 #1 Black wire. I could be wrong as I suck at reading wiring diagrams, but I think thats right. Someone correct me if I am wrong please. Thanks

Oh and yes I had glue and silicone.

1993 Ford Probe 30mpg 213k
1989 Subaru XT6 150k
All good and running