View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 10:24 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Stevebsy Send a message via Yahoo to Stevebsy
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Experiences w/ totalled car? Anyone?

My wife just got in a collision today when someone decided to turn left in front of her She hit them w/ the front driver's side into their passenger side door.

They got a ticket, etc.. so it is definately not her fault. Now I just wonder what's going to happen to the car and the $$

It's a 2003 Hyundai XG350/L. Looking quickly, the damage does not look too severe, and the car is driveable, the AC still works, etc.. but the fender, bumper cover, headlight are no shot, and the hood is a ways out of alignment, probably bent a little, so I don't know if there is some frame damage underneath or not. I took it for a spin and it pulls slightly to the left, but not drastically.

I'm just wondering how much damage is needed to get it totalled out? Their insurance company is Allstate if that matters.

If it is totalled, that is our best option, because our gap insurance covers the gap, plus our deductible, plus it gives us $1000 towards a replacement vehicle, so we are hoping it will be totalled out :P We've been trying to sell it on autotrader for awhile now...

KBB retail for excellent condition, which of course it is no longer = $16k
KBB private party sale is $12-14 in varying conditions
KBB trade-in is from 9.5k - 11.4k depending on condition

What says the network?
Yes..this picture is crap, but it's dark out now..I'll update tomorrow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P4240089.JPG (708.1 KB, 133 views)

Custom Oil Caps, Battery Bars, Phenolic Spacers for sale here:
http://www.x35design.com