View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 07:44 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn360
svxistentialist I have two TPS's one I opened up and cleaned both cause the tcu to put the tranny in power mode. So it has to be either the wire, or the part you didnt mention, the TCU itself. I am getting a used TCU soon. I am going to replace this and if the symptoms percist I am going to re-wire the wire that goes from the tcu to the tps. I thought the o2 sensors wiring and the wiring from the tps might run along with eachother some where. And that possibly something rubbed or somehow removed the plastic over the wires exposing them to eachother, causing the car to malfunction in each place that the wires corrosponded with. Since the o2 Sensors came on at the same time the power mode started happening, that is why I thought the two were connected.
As I pointed out way back in the thread, the TCU is now the most likely culprit. Don't hack any wiring about until you have tried the used TCU replacement AND do not rule out the prospect that this also could be faulty. I hope you are sure it perfomed properly during its earlier history. Fault finding by way of substitution, requires caution in this respect.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 04-20-2006 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Sentence added by way clarity.