View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 03:49 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
If so, those with Power Mode switch could keep this mode in constant operation to advantage. It is strange that this idea has not been previously been brought up here.
It has been brought up before. I remember this being discussed in the Euro forum some time ago, though I can't find the thread at present.

I keep the power switch on all the time except during motorway cruising. I've found that it does not seem to effect the overall fuel economy and I enjoy the more responsive feel. I also use position 3 a lot and hopefully these measures taken together will extend the life of the transmission.

There are so few of us with JDM cars that the idea is irrelevant to most people. I recently suggested that someone with a USDM SVX should try connecting a switch in the same way that the JDM one is connected and see if it works.

Does power mode definitely stop the TC from locking? As Earthworm said, that could be a downside due to the extra heat generated. I can never really tell whether mine is locked or not, but the SVX is always very responsive, power mode or not. When I press the pedal, the acceleration is *instant*. On all other automatics I've driven, (mostly Mercedes, but also Jaguar, Vauxhall, Peugeot and a few others), when I press the pedal, the rev counter climbs and then a few seconds pass before the car starts to accelerate.

Phil.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II

Last edited by b3lha; 04-15-2006 at 04:06 AM.