View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 01:16 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au
Could be the ATF temperature sensor in the trans, that is reading wrong. It will put it in Power Mode, to cool the ATF.

Harvey.
Trevor ---- Are you saying that this will raise the shift points at all degrees of throttle opening and will as a result, lower the transmission fluid temparature to a worthwhile degree ? If so, those with Power Mode switch could keep this mode in constant operation to advantage. It is strange that this idea has not been previously been brought up here.

Harvey this is an interesting concept you have outlined and I had hoped for a reply to the above, as possible advantages of use to members are indicated.

I always drive in third within city limts in order to prevent the transmission from hunting up and down in and out of drive. Using power mode would move up the shift points, as I see it, only at full full throttle. But there should be no hunting betewen low and second. There is reason for further investigation, in order to possibly utilise this feature as a means of protecting the transmission against overheating. Circuitry must exist involving the ATF temperature sensor and it may be possible to incorporate some form of overide switch.

Others will be interested in this prospect and your reply will be appreciated, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!