Thread: Duty solenoid B
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by -JJ-
ok I notice when at steady reves, that once in fourth, the reves will drop a few hundred revs, so i am assuming it is working (at least some of the time). When i "BLIP" the accel at 100 kmh the reves move straight away up about four hundred revs, road speed stays the same! When i blip the accel crusing at 60 kmh it klunks back a gear instantly
Not quite sure if it is from your description. You may be Blipping it too much. You would see it, if you were doing about 100K, and you just move the pedal about 12mm, to accelerate a bit. You should feel the car start to pick up speed, without the rev counter jumping up. It should slowing move up, with road speed. If it is not locked, when you do this the rev counter will jump up about 400 rpms.

You can measure the resistance of the solenoid winding, by unplugging the loom from the box, locate the Green with a Black trace wire, and the Black wire, that are in that plug. Measure the resistance with a multi-meter. It should be between 9 and 15 Ohms.

As it is intermittent, there may be a problem with a wiring connection, that is making poor contact. If the solenoid proves to be bad, you could pull it out of the Aussie box, and replace it it the JDM box. It is fitted on the bottom of the valve body, so it is easy to get to.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.