Thread: Little Joe
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 06:13 AM
Bipa

Things sure are moving quickly. Got a phone call from the gal in Stuttgart just now. She received the photos that we sent her of our place and seemed even more enthusiastic, if that's at all possible. She might not even come over to check us out until after Little Joe has arrived, she's that confident. (more time to clean my windows - yeah!)

The dogs will be fully certified and ready for travel by April 26th. That's the final vet examination date. Then it's just a matter of finding "godparents" who will take the dogs to Germany with them. Many Germans take holidays in and around Antalya all the time or have holiday homes there, and so the shelter gets them to transport the dogs back with them. There's no guarantee which airport the dog comes to, but seeing as we're not too far from Frankfurt it won't be a problem. We might even luck out and have the dog come to Stuttgart, which is closer but also a much smaller airport.

Gosh, it's been less than a week, and we're already tentatively cleared. I'm reassured that this organization is legit, since they have not asked us for any money yet. The woman explained that no fee is paid until the dog is actually handed over. That's also when the contract is signed with the take-back clause. She explained that there are two reasons for that clause. They don't want people re-selling the dogs to make a profit, and they want to be able to legally take back a dog that is being abused or neglected. Thus they also do after adoption visits and like to stay in touch with the families. I've promised to send pics via email once we have the dog.

Ooohh.... I forgot to mention.... we have twin baby goats! Well, not us personally but the farmer we're renting from does. They're about 6 days old and soooooo cute! Can't wait until all the calves are born.

Yeah.... for a big city gal, I'm sure loving it out here in the country. Spring is the best time, when I get to overdose on "cuteness" with all the baby animals.

Cheers!