Thread: Soldier Blogs
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 01:53 PM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.anderson
I hope you do not mind if I post a link to a Blog.

If you do it is too late anyways since it is posted below.

This blog has particular interst to me because the Infantry Battalion (1-24th Infantry) that it is about is part of the Infantry Brigade (1/25th Infantry) I served in.

Here are two excerpts. I don't want to ruin the entire thing so you will have to read the rest.

"...the pilot radioed that the Opel was outrunning his helicopter. Captain Jeff VanAntwerp came on the radio net saying he was moving his section into position to intercept the Opel.

“Watch out for that kid!” yelled Kurilla over the intercom to our driver as we made a hard turn, managing to avoid hitting the child.

Opels may be faster than Kiowas on straight-a-ways, but when the car made turns, the helicopter quickly caught up. Kurilla ordered the Kiowa to fire a warning shot, then quickly authorized the Kiowa to disable the vehicle...."

LATER

"...Not knowing how many men they were fighting, they wanted backup. LTC Kurilla began running in the direction of the shooting. He passed by me and I chased, Kurilla leading the way.

There was a quick and heavy volume of fire. And then LTC Kurilla was shot...."

Wow..... usually I'm good at writing, but I just finished reading that and ... well ... wow.... the photos really add to the impact. I'm speechless....

Thanks for posting that link! Feel free to post any others you wish....