View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 02:58 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb
We'll see no significant progress in regard to petroleum costs, reserves, imports or alternatives, so long as the presiding U.S. administration is wholly owned by Big Oil. Ditto global warming. Stock-up on sunscreen.
I find this statement odd because Bush actually has always been pushing solutions that could put the biggest offenders of global warming out of business. Funny no one ever seams to care. I don't like these solutions, but it is the truth. and I still don't understand this obsesion people have with claiming the administration is oil controlled. My buddy used to sequence for a GMF company and now he is in organic healthfood, guess he is trying to use them to spread GMF technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb
A mainstream news item I saw just within the past couple of days asserted that the capacity to produce biodiesel fuels can never meet existing U.S. demand, even if every acre of land in the lower 48 were planted in oil-producing soybeans. (Wish I could remember the figures.) Simply put, it takes an ocean of oil to run this country.

There's not likely to be one simple, revolutionary technological breakthrough to solve our dilemma. The only plausible short term solution lies with ethanol, biodiesel, hydrogen, hybrids, and electrics all employed in concert... along with good, old-fashioned thrift (read: conservation).
True, thats why I never understood the corn direction. The emissions also worry me, but if it was used to somehow replace these stupid coal facilities at least it would be an improvement.
I am a huge supporter of wind technology over everything else, and that is probably what I am most happy with bush for. Which will also be helpful in the electric car scene. I think the concert statement you make is accurate. It is just down right absurd to believe that one or two solutions will meet the needs of our whole nation. and it will not happen in a short period of time, petro will fade. Even if we had alternate solutions that could be mass implemented in a short period it would be like running by option into a depression. I actually think we are progressing at a pretty decent rate. The ball is rolling, we just need to be patient. If we all start pushing it too fast it’ll be like that train article someone posted earlier today.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?