View Single Post
Old 04-26-2002, 09:08 AM

i could almost taste the salt from the water as the waves crashed down on my windshield. the rain was relentless. just minutes ago, the sky was clear and now, i feel like day has turned into night on the home front. only my radio to keep me company. the drive was long and hard.

i felt the pain as did my baby while the rain drop tears came rushing down her face. the wipers whisked by and brushed them away only to allow more space for the balls of frozen ice.

lightening struck. feeling the vibrations from the boom she hesitated. then i saw lights from behind... it was big and monsterous. the white demon followed closely, too closely. i could feel the heat from the radiator of the beast that chased my every move like a shadow.

if seeing was believing, i had no beliefs. the rush of the tidal waves that encased my car blinded me. it was like they were trying to make me falter. almost trying to hide the power lines that had snaked across the road as they hunted for their prey.

quick reaction saved me from the connection as i safely dodged them.

a ball of light in the sky caught my eye. i watched the electricity conduct through the atmostsphere and into a near by tree. then it happened. the branch cracked and fell on a nearby car. blowing out all of the windows and leaving it's permanet mark on the roof. i shuddered thanking the Lord that it wasn't me. i pasted on and stopped at a traffic light.

i needed the rest. the look of worry on my baby had suddenly disappeared. the sky opened up for a moment. the wind had ceased. the hose of the storm had turned off to a trickle. the sky was blue again. i collected myself and proceeded to my destination.

ahh, my love goes out to the inventor of AWD

Kelli