View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 10:38 AM

I did a search and UberRoo posted where it was a while back his post said on the TCU there are three plugs going into it. the top plug has a green wire with a red stripe. that is the one that is supposed to control the duty colenoid c. I am not to good at making links to others posts but you could do a search. There is a pic also in UberRoos post.

Found it its under need step by step instructions...
This is just copied from UberRoos post
Getting the 50/50 torque split, (which is not technically what you're doing,) is very easy. Duty solenoid "C" is fed a pulsing signal to keep pressure from engaging the clutch. Typically, the signal runs nearly continuously. When the TCU thinks you need more traction, it reduces the number of pulses. If you want to manually reduce the number of pulses, all you need to do is cut the wire that controls the solenoid, which effectively reduces the number to zero.

Under the dash is the TCU. If you look at the picture, there are three plugs going into the TCU. The upper plug (highlighted in red) is the one that goes to the transmission. The green wire with a red stripe controls solenoid C. All you need to do is cut that wire and splice in a switch, which will normally be left ON, but turned OFF to engage the rear wheels manually.

As for the power mode deal, use the stick between the seats. It works pretty well. Somebody on the forums was saying that they just leave it in first and it shifts just past redline. Sounds a little aggressive to me, but that's what the stick is for.

Oh yeah, do this at your own risk! I'm sure I got this all right, but keep the responsibility off my shoulders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberRoo
Getting the 50/50 torque split, (which is not technically what you're doing,) is very easy. Duty solenoid "C" is fed a pulsing signal to keep pressure from engaging the clutch. Typically, the signal runs nearly continuously. When the TCU thinks you need more traction, it reduces the number of pulses. If you want to manually reduce the number of pulses, all you need to do is cut the wire that controls the solenoid, which effectively reduces the number to zero.

Under the dash is the TCU. If you look at the picture, there are three plugs going into the TCU. The upper plug (highlighted in red) is the one that goes to the transmission. The green wire with a red stripe controls solenoid C. All you need to do is cut that wire and splice in a switch, which will normally be left ON, but turned OFF to engage the rear wheels manually.

As for the power mode deal, use the stick between the seats. It works pretty well. Somebody on the forums was saying that they just leave it in first and it shifts just past redline. Sounds a little aggressive to me, but that's what the stick is for.

Oh yeah, do this at your own risk! I'm sure I got this all right, but keep the responsibility off my shoulders.

1993 Ford Probe 30mpg 213k
1989 Subaru XT6 150k
All good and running

Last edited by spinn360; 04-30-2006 at 11:02 AM.