View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 12:54 AM
$13000 and counting...

Send a message via AIM to Crusader Send a message via MSN to Crusader Send a message via Yahoo to Crusader
Okay, after you have the PS pump/ Alt. belt off...

1) Loosen the A/C belt tensioner pulley (again, 12mm socket), Mine was locked on so bad that I destroyed it in the process... cost me $0.97 to replace ....

2) Loosen the adjuster arm bolt... the one that protrudes the farthest out of the engine block on the tensioner assembly. (Hey, another 12mm socket!) Farther back from the bolt the adjuster arm is made hex-shaped so that you can put a wrench on it for tightening the belt back up.

3) The tensioner pulley should move freely out of the way, allowing you enough slack in the old belt to remove it and fit the new one on the pulleys

4) Re-tightening the belt is a bit more difficult here as you need to have two wrenches going at once.... Place a wrench (forgot the size... Larger than 12mm!) On the hex-shaped part of the adjuster arm and turn it counterclockwise untill the belt is as tight as you want it, hold it there and put the 12mm socket on the tensioner pulley bolt and tighten it back up. Tightening the pulley bolt will hold the adjuster arm in place so that you can tighten the other bolt and then you're done!

5) Proceed to put the PS pump / Alt. belt and belt cover back on.

That's it! Good luck with your belts!

Quote:
So you just turn the engine on with the belts off to see if there is any noise or wobble?
Once you have the belts off, just spin the pulleys by hand (except for the crank pulley... it won't spin so easily) and make sure that they spin freely and quietly ... and hopefully in a circle!

Last edited by Crusader; 03-04-2006 at 12:59 AM.