View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 05:53 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Punched-out CATS...... What's it sound like???

Just as the title says... My car is a 1995, and when I have to get my car inspected again, they will nolonger do emissions... I am looking for something that would complement the Stebro Exhaust that I currently have... Something that will let it breathe alittle better for AutoX competition.... Something that will "Free the Ferrari within" (The sound I mean)... Anyone who has heard a 3 peice Stebro will know what I'm talking about

So I was looking at Random Technoligies CATS... They are VERY expensive.... But they flow the best of any CAT I have ever seen (if there is a better one out there, please show me!!!)

There are generic off brand CATS that "claim" to be "High-Flow".... But you know they probably are talking about an extra 5 or 10cfm or something... That sort of Ripoff is not acceptable...

Apparently CATS from a stock 1999 Mustang GT will work, and flow more than our stock ones.... But I'd prefer to stay away from "Rigging" components on the car...

CATless exhausts (from my experience) sound very RICE.... That is the last thing that I want my SVX to sound like... Can anyone comment on how Punched out Primary CATS sound??? Remember, I already have the 3 peice Stebro (no 3rd CAT)... If I punch out the two primary CATS who thinks it will sound like RICE??? Who thinks diffrent?? Who has an AUDIO clip of punched out CATS???!?!?!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...