View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
The owner's manual says synthetic is just fine and the majority of people on NASIOC have switched to synthetic by their 1st or 2nd oil change. I did it on my first since the car already has 2,000+ miles.

As she was alread broken-in, I'm looking forward to taking her up to higher and higher revs over the next 2 weeks. Took her up to 5,000rpms this evening in 1st, 2nd and 3rd and she feels amazing!!!!

-Chike
Yeah it's not THAT big a deal. Everywhere I go I hear differing opinions on the synthetic oil vs. regular oil. At the end of the day, it's oil. It lubricates the motor. Synthetic definetly remains effective longer than natural oil. Is it any better for an engine under normal use? I don't think anyone really knows for sure. I use Synthetic in the WS6 (the owner's manual recommends it) and natural oil in the truck. Both are running flawlessly. Not that I expected different. There are some nazi's on my home site that will only use the German Castrol 0W-50 oil. One guy even claims that he tested different LS1s with different synthetic oils...blah blah blah. I don't buy it.

I don't really know where I was going with that. Oh well.