Thread: Intake Idea
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 05:25 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfiles
Ok, how about this, we use TWO stock MAFs, and each one reads 1/2 the airflow.
So if a each side reads, say 3 volts, how can we combine them to read 6 volts.
Would it have the correct timing maps?
Would you want them to read six or three volts? Yes, they will only be reading half as much air than is actually going in, however timing can/should be left to the ECU while fuel control be left to the driver. This way, timing will be more advanced than usual due to the lowered voltage and you'd get the fuel you'd need by manual control (Ex: SAFC). Sounds interesting!

BTW: Has anyone installed an Apexi ITC on these cars to control timing?

In the meantime, I'm going to the route in the diagram pic I posted. I just finished taking some more measurements and it is going to be a TIGHT fit. Only 5.5 - 5.75" available from the throttle body to the firewall. Two 2.5" or 2.75" diametered intake piping could fit but they will have to be VERY snug. The passenger side throttle body piping will have to make a very sharp turn but the outside of this piping can be made smooth. It is just talk now though until some pics are posted. I'm thinking about what I can get at Home Depot to scrounge up to make a draft of the actual piping that needs to be made. I'll present this to the shop I mentioned earlier or some other guys I have in mind to see what can be made up.

It would be cool if anyone else would try the dual mafs and such. I'm not ready to splice into any wiring....Yet! Many of you are much more advanced in this area and determining how voltages will go together to get an end result.
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)