View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Angry Vent about Credit Bureaus

Ok, I watch my credit reports, I have over seven years of never missing a payment, I have a score in the high 700's.

So last month, I get an alert that a "Potentially Negative" item has been placed on my account. I go in and look and dispute it since I had no idea who the company is.

It is listed as an open collection from some NCO Collection agency in Philly, PA. No phone number, no address, no information that would enable me to contact them.

I figured this was a slam-dunk dispute. The Collection Agency would see their reporting to the wrong SS# or whatever they did wrong and it would be over.

Today, I get a response from Experian saying that after thorough investigation, they have determined the information to be accurate!!

WTF? Did they even contact the collection agency? I would really like that contact info so I can find out who the hell the bill belongs to.

Had I actually owed them a debt, wouldn't logic conclude that the collection agency would send me a letter or call me asking for the money at least once? They certainly can't expect me to just send a check to "NCO, Philadelphia, PA" and expect it to get there.

Better question, why would anyone who always pays their monthly bills on time (totaling well over $3K a month with mortgage, utilities, cars, etc) risk their credit by stiffing some unknown company out of $150???

I heard that The credit Bureaus were losing reputations and banks are starting to look at alternative methods of determining loan worthiness. I for one hope that they dig their own grave.

Not only do the mysteriously lose my official "opt-out" 3rd party marketing requests, but apparently they don't give a damn about the people who's lives they play with, either.

Sorry for the rant.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker