View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 09:23 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Outback
I've been slightly annoyed by my SVX's long high idle time. When cold, under 45 degrees, the car will stay on high idle, 1700-2000 rpm, till the engine heats up enough for the climate control to come on to blow hot air. Usually about 3-4mins. I can take my foot off the gas and let the car drive a little on it's own. Like cruise control. I replaced the auxillary air control valve because that closes after the engine warms up, and only provides extra air for cold starts. Anybody else experience this? Is this a normal high idle period for this engine? I have no other SVX to compare it with.
Dunno. My 92 idles at 700 during the day, and when cold it will stay at about 1200 for 3 to 4 minutes. If I let it sit in neutral warming, it will stay in the 700 range until warmed. Check all the vacuum lines, and don't use the warm air until it reaches temp. Yes, it does get into the low 20's here, and this is the environment I am talking about.